Spring has definitely sprung in my neck of the woods. My lilac tree, daffodils and tulips are in full bloom and their sweet smells fill the air. For mother’s day we thought it would be fun to make May Flower Baskets for some of moms in our neighborhood. These flower baskets were so much fun to make and really put a smile on our neigborhoods.
The baskets were made so they could be hung from the door. It was nice to add some of our garden flowers to the flower arrangment along with some store-bought hyacinths.
We made the “baskets” with canning jars that I had in storage and ribbon. Really easy to make.
1. You cut your ribbon about whole length of your arm (2 ft).
2. Unscrew the lid off the canning jar and place your ribbon between the screw lid and the glass jar. Screw the lid back on the jar and tighten to secure the ribbon for hanging.
3. Cut another ribbon the length of the lid’s rim
4. Hot glue the ribbon around the rim of the lid
5. Fill the jar with water and arrange your flowers
6. Download the free FLAG GARLAND PARTY TAGS
that I made for these baskets, but can be used for so many occasions–gifts, party favors, labels
7. Cut out and write a note and attach to the basket
My kids were the messengers and had a fun time secretly decorating the neighbors’ doors. And it was fun watching their surprise looks turn into smiles. Such a fun way to celebrate springtime.
The post May Flower Door Baskets + Printable Flag Garland Freebie appeared first on Darling Darleen | A Lifestyle Design Blog.