You might have seen glimpses of my white sofa on my IG or previous posts. I bought this sofa at the Minks to Sinks flea market in Connecticut. It then sat in my garage for over a year in a half while we moved from Connecticut to Georgia and then rented small house while we settled down in Georgia. I swear my husband was going to take a blow torch to it. It’s fairly huge and took up a large space in our tiny garage. But I saw its potential and really liked the “modern meets vintage” shape of the sofa and wanted to hold on to it. Also I bought it for a screaming deal.
I love a story behind an old furniture piece. I found out that it came from the home of an interior designer who had three kids…so the sofa got a lot of love. There was brass nails along the back side of the sofa and bottom.
Here is the AFTER of the sofa. I had it professionally upholstered so the cushions could be re-stuffed and not so slouchy. I reupholstered it in a Calico Corners high performance cream-colored fabric.
Fabric: Calico Corners Crypton Creme Brûlée || Rug: Rugs USA || Pillows: BrittBass, Caitlin Wilson Textiles, Lillian August
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Coffee Table styling
- Master Bathroom Inspiration
- Light Blue pink Girls Bedroom
- 3 Tips to Prepare Your House to Sell
- Indoor Styling with Spring Flowers
- Splurge Vs Save: Neutral Living Room
- Favorite Kitchen Items
- LoveSac Sectional Review
- Target Home fInds
- Splurge vs Save: Gray & White
- 5 TIPS FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY THIS HOLIDAY
- 10 Favorite Buffet Sideboards
- Traditional Wallpaper vs. Removable wallpaper
- Serena & Lily Fall event
- Backyard Playset Makeover
- Easy Fall Decorations