During the holiday season the city just lights up and there are so many fun things to do and see. It so fun living close and being able to participate in some of these activities–many of them that don’t cost a fortune. Here’s a few on the list that we had done or will do this year that are good for children and good with the wallet.
- Ice skating in Central Park
- See the tree at Rockefeller Center , then head over to Saks to check out their window display.
- More window shopping on Madison Avenue.
- Get some hot chocolate then take a carriage ride through Central Park.
- Go see the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden.
- Stop by Time Square’s Toys ‘R Us and play with the toys–there’s an indoor ferris wheel and barbie’s dollhouse, then head over to the Hershey Chocolate store and buy a gift of personalize chocolate.
- Attend one of the festivities at South Street Seaport–listen to the carols by the Big Apple Chorus.
- See the holiday lights at the Bronx Zoo and enjoy the nightly entertainers.
- Stop by the American Museum of Natural History to enjoy the origami trees and holiday dinos.
- Gingerbread exhibit at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square (although I’m not sure how long it will be open to the public).
Help me out if I’m missing any….